Research & development
The EC6 carbon cable technology has been developed in conjunction with an industry leader in the field of high performance composite 'pultrusion'.
As part of EC6's development, the product has been tested extensively in laboratory situations, with such tests as:
- Tensile testing to destruction of cables ranging from 5 to 265 tonnes.
- Tension-tension fatigue test to 1 million cycles without failure.
- Bending deflection fatigue test superior to Ni50 rod.
- Spinnaker pole impact testing.
- Chafe tests on both jacketed and bare carbon rods exceeding Germanischer Lloyd requirement.
- Specialised testing on bent and split bundles for development of EC6 Continuous shrouds.